The time is nearly upon us to start thinking about Christmas in school. Many children and adults ask us about cards. Due to the current situation, we have thought about how best to go about the giving and receiving of cards in school this year.
This year, please only send cards to children in your year group bubble (eg 3S and 3T or 4G and 4L).
From December 1st, children can bring cards and place them in the year group post box. This will be in their classroom. Cards can be dropped in any day up until 11th December.
On 11th December, the post box will close and no further cards can come into school. This will mean all cards will enter a period of quarantine. On Tuesday 15th December, all cards will be given out.
Please ask a member of the 3/4 team if you have any further questions.
Thank you for your support in helping to enjoy the joy of giving and receiving cards, whilst keeping everyone safe.
4L PE days are on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons. The sessions will take place outside and we ask that children wear full PE kit for these sessions. PE kit must be brought into school and changed into for the session and not worn instead of uniform.
On Friday we were really fortunate to have Clare come and visit us and deliver the Roman Workshop to us. The children had a lot of hands on experiences and were really immersed in the life of a Roman soldier.
Please note that if you have to self-isolate at home for any reason, you can access your learning online through Google classroom. We shall put copies of the learning slides and tasks online, so that you can still take part in what we are doing in school. I know this might be a bit tricky at times without your teacher to help you but there are still plenty of other things you can do:
1) www.myon.co.uk – an online library of digital books. Select books at the right reading level and quiz on them on Accelerated Reader. Logon using the same username and password as Accelerated Reader.
2) Accelerated Reader – quiz on the books you have read. Follow the link from the bar at the top of the school website after you have logged in.
3) Times tables Rockstars – practice your times tables
4) www.corbettmaths.co.uk – primary 5 a day! Find today’s date and have a go at the maths questions on the bronze level.
5) BBC bite size – find the super movers videos and practise times tables or research about the romans.
6) www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk to research the Romans in Britain. – click the romans link
Any questions, please contact school and we will get back to you.
Mrs Graves and Miss Lotysz, Miss Topliss and Mrs Schofield