I hope you have all enjoyed the summer break. Myself and all of the staff are looking forward to welcoming you all next Tuesday.
I am pleased to say that the arrangements for our return on Tuesday 1st September are the same as were detailed in the end of term letter posted on the website in July.
The arrangements are as follows:
- The school day will revert to its usual times with school starting at 8:50am and finishing at 3pm.
- We will not be running our free after school clubs from 3pm until 4pm however our paid provision (Early Bird and Night Owls clubs) will be available should parents need childcare. Places can be booked in advance by simply emailing email@example.com, however we are happy to accommodate children on the day.
- The one way system introduced in June to allow children and their parents to safely enter and exit the school grounds will remain in place. This must be adhered to as we need to run the school in accordance with national social distancing measures. To access classes in KS1 (Y1 & Y2) and KS2 (Y3, Y4, Y5 & Y6), please enter via the main entrance on Coniston Road and exit via the gate on Queensberry Road. To access classes in EYFS (Nursery & Reception), please enter via the gate on Queensberry Road and exit via the gate on Coniston Road. This system will allow those with children in more than one phase of school to only have to walk around the one way system once.
- Children will only mix with those in their year group which will unfortunately mean there will be no whole school assemblies or break times with those outside of their year group.
- Enhanced hygiene routines will continue to be encouraged.
- The Government recognises that social distancing isn’t always possible for young children in school however we will continue to support this as much as possible.
- Children will eat their dinner in the school hall as usual but will not mix with other year groups. As usual, they are welcome to bring a packed lunch or have a cold or hot school dinner.
- Children will be provided with their own basic classroom stationary.
- As usual, children are welcome to bring a school bag to carry their P.E kit in.
Should you have any further questions about the return to school, please contact your child’s phase leader via the email addresses below:
EYFS (Nursery & Reception) Mrs Price EYFS@ploverschool.co.uk
KS1 (Y1 & Y2) Mrs Coward KS1@ploverschool.co.uk
LKS2 (Y3 & Y4) Mrs Graves LKS2@ploverschool.co.uk
UKS2 (Y5 & Y6) Miss Blackham UKS2@ploverschool.co.uk
I am sure that children and parents will have a range of feelings about returning to school next Tuesday but we hope to make the return as enjoyable and safe as possible for everybody. Whilst things will be a little different as we work within the restrictions due to Covid-19, it will be great to all be back together enjoying learning together.
Finally, if you would like to have a quick chat with your child’s new class teacher even if simply to introduce yourself, then they will be available after school (from 3pm) on Wednesday and Thursday. To allow for social distancing, teachers will be available to chat to on the playground outside of their classroom. Please note that if you would like to speak to your child’s class teacher in confidence then appointments can be made by calling the school office or via the emails above.
Enjoy the last few days of the summer break and we look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday!